Pacific Passion


I know I haven’t been taking out time regularly for blogging since long and here begins my list of excuses. The monsoons have just started, drenching in the rains and the frequent travels put me on bed with cold and a mild cough. It ruins your plans when you have to put on a blanket and rest whole day even more when it's a weekend. You should have got used to the list by now. Thanks to the people who have been regularly refreshing this site for new posts.

To keep up with my interest all I could remember worth putting in my blog is a sermon I heard last week.

Once a teacher asked a group of children to list what they thought were the present "Seven Wonders of the World”.

Though they were slight differences, most of them answered
 1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
 2. Taj Mahal
 3. Grand Canyon
 4. Panama Canal
 5. Empire State Building
 6. St. Peter's Basilica
 7. China's Great Wall

The teacher noted that one child had not finished her paper.
So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many.“ The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe I can help".
 "The girl hesitated, then read: "I think the 'Seven Wonders of the World' are:
 1. To See...
 2. To Hear...
 3. To Touch...
 4. To Taste...
 5. To Feel...
 6. To Laugh...
 7. And to Love.“

The room turned quiet. The things we overlook as simple and ordinary and that we take for granted are truly wondrous!
Many a times we forget to admire the wonders around us. The most precious things in life cannot be built by hand or bought by man.

The difference in the answers was just a difference in the thinking. Two people can see the same thing, disagree, and yet both be right. It's not logical; it's psychological.
― Stephen R. Covey, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change

Isn't this ture? “We see the world, not as it is, but as we are──or, as we are conditioned to see it.”
― Stephen R. Covey, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change

0 Responses

Post a Comment

Translate

Total Pageviews

Pacific Passions. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Digital Tech News - Digital Technology & Consumer Electronics

BBC News - Technology

World Wide Words newsletter

Techbargains.com

Lifehacker